Monday, August 16, 2010

music.

it never ceases to amaze me how much i am effected by music.
sometimes it's a beat in a song that runs over and over in my mind.
sometimes it's just a band that i can't get enough of.
mostly, it's just the lyrics.

and like i have been through phases, the music i have loved and listened to has varied too. i think in grades five to eight it was so varied that my music mind-set got so jaded as to allow me to think that the likes of andrea bocelli and gosh groban would ever do anything for me.

i've since settled into more respectable music choices.

it's rare that i get to a song on my ipod (which has very carefully selected music on it) that i can't relate to in some way or another.
and i'm not talking about that "take me to the candy shop, let me lick your lollipop" crap either...i'm talking about real, honest songs that make you think "wow; i guess i'm not the only person who feels this way."

i guess i sometimes see the lyrics to songs as a general spokesperson for the way i'm feeling. i sometimes think if i were to write about my life; the best way to do it would be to take lyrics from the thousands of songs i love and compile them into something like a novel. with no care for punctuation, grammer or sentence structure...just the raw emotion that i can extract from the words.

when my world is turning around at some unlawful speed that i cannot measure and nothing really seems to make sense anymore; at least i know i can turn around, throw my ipod to someone and say "here, listen to this song because god knows i can't explain how i'm feeling today."

music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy. music is the electrical soil in which the spirit lives, thinks and invents - Beethoven

No comments:

Post a Comment